OPAL’s office is located at
2407 SE 49th Avenue
Portland, OR 97206
Our office is located on the #4, #14, and #71 bus routes.
Office Phone: 503-342-8910
You can contact our staff by emailing: [first name] [at] opalpdx.org.
Monthly Bus Riders Unite Membership Meeting:
5:00PM, 3rd Tuesday of every month! | OPAL Office
Work/Volunteer with OPAL:
OPAL is currently not hiring for any staff positions, but volunteers are always welcome.
OPAL values diversity. People of color, women and working-class people are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Conduct outreach to transit-dependent communities (on bus, at bus stops and apts.)
- Educate community members about environmental justice and transit equity issues
- Conduct follow-up meetings with identified community members
- Support presentations to community meetings and stakeholder groups
- Participate in bus stop assessment and prioritization
- Support phone-banking and staffing for community meetings and events
- Informal interview with OPAL organizer/staff
- Participation in Bus Riders Unite orientation and/or environmental justice workshop
- Minimum of 50 hours over three-month period (approx. 4 hours per week)
- Willingness to support community-based work and ability to be dependable